Feel like you are getting a bit bored with your workout routine and you’re getting tired of the mundane, same old moves? If that is the case, you should try a POUND fitness class.
What is POUND?
POUND is essentially a cardio jam session that is done by creating your own beat by ‘playing the drums.’ This workout uses lightly weighed drumsticks called Ripstix that were made specifically for exercising. Instead of typically listening to music during a workout, you are the music. With the Ripstix, you are creating your own workout rhythm. Using a mix of yoga and pilates, along with an exciting combination of cardio, conditioning and strength training, this workout is guaranteed to get your blood pumping.
This workout is an accommodating one because it is suitable for men and women of all ages and fitness types. It is even suitable for those with limited mobility – which is a great cause for those who want to remain strong.
How does it go?
Each song (created by the instructor for you to follow) is about 2 to 4 minutes long with interval peaks and fat burning sequences that provide you with a high intensity workout in a short span of time. One POUND class is 45 minutes long and you will have completed countless of reps and techniques without even realizing it.
For those who do not like working out and find themselves counting down the minutes to the end, POUND will alleviate that for you. Using the Ripstix and focusing on the constant shifts in rhythm and volume will distract you from the high intensity feeling as well as the duration of the workout. The time will fly by during a POUND class!
Benefits of POUND
This fun and cardio packed workout seems to be short but in reality actually reaps a lot of benefits! Here are some of the benefits that come with doing POUND.
- You will burn up to 900 calories or more in one hour.
- It strengthens and sculpts the muscles that aren’t frequently used – providing you with a leaner and slimmer physique.
- With focusing on drumming while exercising, POUND can improve your rhythm, timing, coordination, speed, agility, endurance, and musicality.
- These high intensity workouts can strengthen your core, as well as cinch your waistline and slim your thighs.
- It can help patients recover during physical therapy with the strengthening of connective tissue and infrastructural muscles.
- Drumming is proven to be a brain booster and a stress reliever to boot! The effect of drumming actually improves focus, increase higher level thinking and decision making skills.
- It boosts the immune system because the workout focuses on all parts of the body.
- It also decreases blood pressure, chronic pain, anxiety and fatigue.